Yesterday morning when Austin got up, I brought him into our room to change his diaper and get him out of his PJs. He seemed like he was still waking up a little bit, so we climbed into my bed and I turned the Sprout channel on so he could watch the morning show and cuddle with mom! I was still waking up a bit too I guess, for I dozed off for a second while lying there, only to wake up a few moments later to a noise I was hearing...Austin had a bunch of matchbox cars with him that he was playing with on my pillow so I thought he was racing them around the bed, but he had actually grabbed one of Brian's wooden baseball bats that I keep next to the bed when I am home alone and was in the process of swinging it at my face!!!
Thankfully I opened my eyes and turned my face just as it hit me!! He just started laughing hysterically and I was crying (it really hurt, don't laugh!) as it nailed my chin and I just kept thinking thank god it didn't hit my eye or nose and leave me with a shiner!! My chin is definitely bruised (not noticeably thankfully!), but I learned my lesson about trying to sneak in an extra 5 minutes of rest when your child is in bed with you!! Or maybe it was the fact that I have a bat next to my bed!! Oh well, I hid it better so he isn't quite as enticed to swing it at me next time we are cuddling :)
How on earth he got the strength to hold that bat up bewilders me, I swear not only a month ago when Brian was still here, he would get so mad when he tried to pick it up and couldn't...man they grow fast don't they?!! My sore chin is proof ;) Good swing though Austin, we will work on your "target" this afternoon....baseballs, not faces!!!
4 comments:
Good thing it's not a knife. That's what I sleep with when Johnny is gone!
Oh my gosh Sandy...not gonna lie...I was laughing :) Glad you are okay!! We need to see you guys before you leave!!
Court, definitely a good thing it wasn't a knife!!! That would have been ugly!!! Don't worry about laughing cari, I totally did too after I saw I wasn't going to be black and blue ;) lol ;)
I'm sorry Sandy, but I'm totally laughing too! Allthough I'm laughing at courts comment too!
Post a Comment