Tuesday, March 3, 2009

He got the chicken!!

Brian, this post is for you!!
You will never believe what I walked into our bedroom to find Hunter attacking!!  He got the CHICKEN!!  I couldn't believe it!!  For those of you that are probably wondering what the heck I am talking about, here's the backstory! 

So, Brian has had this ugly rubber chicken that makes this horrible squawking noise in his bed side table drawer for years....I mean it has been in there forever!! For some reason, we never throw it out, don't ask me why!!  We love to torture our dog Hunter with it though...he absolutely HATES this thing, I mean he growls and barks at it and won't come near it!!  It seems mean, but we think it is so funny watching him react when we bring it out.  A couple of weeks ago, while Brian was packing for Japan, the chicken got brought out once again, only this time it didn't make it back into it's drawer.  For some reason it ended up behind the night stand on the floor.  

So last night Austin and I were in the family room and I kept hearing this horrible squawking noise from our bedroom!  I thought it was coming from the TV which was on in there, but it wouldn't stop, so I got up and walked in there to check it out.  What I saw had me laughing so loud!! Hunter was on our bed with the Chicken in a death grip in his mouth!!  He was shaking it over and over again, obviously trying to end him once and for all!! How on earth he got the courage after ALL these years to grab that Chicken and play with it, I have no idea!!!  Oh, and by the way, this Chicken absolutely scares Austin too, he cries when it squawks and hides behind us!! I wish I had video of Hunter shaking this thing and Austin crying!!  It was just too funny!

Hunter attacking the hideous rubber chicken!!

3 comments:

bobarah said...

That is too funny!! Dogs can be so crazy! At least the chicken is dead now. Hunter can sleep peacefully from now on :)

The new picture of Austin on the blog is adorable!! He looks like such a little man! He's going to be a heartbreaker, what a cutie :)

Anonymous said...

Funny! He's really tearing into that chicken. What kind of dog is Hunter?

cari said...

I'm so bummed we didn't get to say goodbye Sandy!!! We will miss you and Austin!!! Have a great time in Seattle...please keep us updated on how Brian is doing!!!