Thursday, August 27, 2009

Our Future Valet Parker...

It's no secret Austin loves to play with his toy cars...the kid literally has thousands of them between our apartment here in Japan and back at home! I swear he suckers us into buying him one every time we go to the store! The thing that cracks me up though is how into playing with them he gets, he is so imaginative, I love watching him to see what he'll do next!

Not only does he make the vroom vroom noises as he's driving them around, he now makes squealing noises as his cars round corners (I promise he does not copy that from my driving! Don't shake your head Brian and both sets of parents!!! LOL!), and he also makes improvised bumps and hills on his car mat by putting his legs under the mat and then driving the cars over them! I have never seen a kid to that before!!

The mat is always all bunched up from Austin creating little bumps in it for his cars to drive over, the OCD in me is always trying to straighten/flatten it out, but it never fails, day after day he makes those bumps! Most recently, he has started "parking" his cars all over the place, his favorite place being on the "geometric" designs on our rug here in our apartment. I always find (usually by tripping over them!) all these little cars lined up in between the lines on the carpet, it's so cute, I swear it won't surprise me if this kid aces all parking procedures on his drivers ed. test one day!

Austin making "hills" on his play mat for his cars to drive over!

Again with the hills...

Austin's parked cars!
He gets his crooked parking skills from his Dad!

4 comments:

Cathy said...

He cracks me up. He has made hills with his car mat from day one! What an imagination! xoxo :)

jane said...

So cute! Lets hope he doesn't get his father's backing skills.

kkp1220 said...

I'm sure he gets that screeching from you. Let's hope he doesn't start yelling at the other cars in his way...that will be from Mommy and Uncle JJ!!

CrazyRossHouse said...

that is so cute!