Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Delivery...

We were hoping to get called into the hospital yesterday to be induced, but the day came and went without a call.  We were awoken to the phone ringing at 5:30am today though, and were checked in and hooked up to the hospital bed by 6:30am!  I was induced with Austin as well and it took a really long time for the whole process...19 hours total to be exact! So we were prepared for today to be a long day of waiting to dilate, toughing through contractions until I gave in to get the epidural and just waiting for the baby to arrive!  It went by way faster this time around though, and by 5:51pm to be exact, our little girl was born!  

The delivery went pretty good, I had a slight hiccup with the epidural though, (my worst nightmare come true! lol!) it didn't seem to work at all on my contractions and as I finally passed the 5 centimeter mark (which took me a while to do) the contractions not only got way more intense, but she decided she wanted to be born ASAP!!  I went from 5 to 10 centimeters in like 30 minutes and finally got my epidural working just minutes before I started pushing!  Thank you anesthesiologist!!!  

It was amazing seeing her for the first time, she has a head of hair for sure, which came out dark and curly, but sure smoothed out straight after her first bath, so we won't know if she got her mommy's curls just quite yet ;)  She is a GREAT eater, it didn't take her long at all to figure that out, and she loves to look around and stare at us!  She hardly cries, not even making a peep when she got her first shots!!  And so far she is a GREAT sleeper too ;)  Hopefully this will continue past the first few weeks ;)  

It was so wonderful being able to have Brian here with me, I am so thankful he was able to come home and be with us for Brooke's birth.  We're already dreading saying goodbye to him when he has to go back to Japan on Saturday!

At the hospital ready to have our baby!

All ready to have our baby girl!

Meeting our daughter for the very first time!

8lbs 12oz!!  
That a girl Brooke!!

Daddy's little girl!

Admiring our daughter ;)

So happy to finally meet her!

Very proud parents!

Look at that head of hair!!  Just like mom!!

Her first bath!

All bundled up!

Checking out the world!

Brooke Elizabeth Falkenborg makes her debut!

Such a little peanut!

Getting all checked out!

Loves to be held by Daddy!

0 comments: