Brooke just couldn't take it any longer...her appetite was ready for something more substantial, so we officially started her on solid foods this week!! She was literally hyperventilating watching us eat our meals, and desperately trying to grab at our food, like we were starving her or something!! (All 18+ lbs of her, this girl was a born eater!!!)
It is so funny, with Austin, I waited as long as possible to start him on solids (on the very day he turned 6 months old to be exact), and with Brooke, I couldn't wait to see how she would do with them (she made it to about 4 1/2 months)! I guess it's a lot easier and less stressful the second time around now that I think I know what I am doing ;) So far she seems to be loving her rice cereal, although I can't wait to see how she reacts to some more yummy tasting stuff like bananas and sweet potatoes in the days to come!!
I forgot how messy this process is at first, and it's even more messy now that I have a 2 year old who wants to feed his sister too!! Austin thinks it's a lot of fun to help feed Brooke...he starts off with a spoon full of rice cereal, but some where between the bowl and her mouth, it usually ends up falling all over her instead!! We get a big "Uh-Oh" from Austin and then another attempt! Brooke is usually covered in cereal by the end of the feeding!
I thought it was funny to see Austin's reaction to Brooke finally getting "real food," at first he was all for it, wanting to help out, but then he thought wait a second, what is she getting that I'm not?!! He started to throw a major fit because he wanted some too, thinking it was ice cream or something!! I got it all on video, it's pretty darn funny! I told him it was just baby food, but he could go ahead and try some just to see, and of course what does he do, he goes "yummm mom-mom, yummm"!!! I don't know if he really thought it was good or if he was just trying to steal Brooke's thunder ;) Anything to get whatever it is she is having!!
This was Brooke a few days before we started feeding her...grabbing at anything that involves real food and trying to eat it...
There's gotta be some food in this bowl somewhere!
Brooke realizing she couldn't eat the bowl...someone get this girl some real food quick!
A happy camper, all ready for her big day of starting rice cereal!!
(And don't worry, I am not going to let her fall out of her bumbo off of the table!)
Her first bite...
What is this stuff?!
"Lay off me, I'm starving!"
She loves it so much she won't even give me the spoon back, she tries to eat that too!
Brooke engulfing her cereal and spoon!!
Yummmm!
P.S. Notice blobs of cereal forming on legs...
Loving every minute of feeding time!
It's amazing she got any in her mouth!!!
I could just eat her...
Another day, more love for the rice cereal!! She is taking really well to the whole feeding thing!
Brookie likes it!
We were being brave, no bib...what were we thinking!
I love the look on babies faces when you feed them for the first time, it's like what in the world is this stuff?!! Just priceless...
So far so good!
Not so sure about what do to...
I'll take it from here mom!
(I guess I wasn't feeding her fast enough!)
Trying to shovel every last bit of it in her mouth!
Food coma.
All that eating is exhausting!!
9 comments:
OMG!!! I love her so much. What a beauty!!! I can't wait to see all of you!!! I NEED TO kiss both of their cheeks!!!!
Yummy!!
I love that she is eating the spoon;-)
I should not have gotten rid of my second high chair;-(
Cannot wait to get these kids together;-)
What faces!!! She is such a cutie! I'm sure she wanted to start so soon because she was mad that Austin was getting stuff that she wasn't :)
Priceless...her expressions are so cute! Messy! Austin wanting to eat her food...so funny! Miss you guys. xoxo :)
You simply have beautiful kids!!!! Miss you guys---hurry home!!!!
Love the pics of her eating with the spoon still in her mouth. We good eaters in our family too. What a cutie.
so cute. that's a big ol spoon she's got there. it actually doesn't look too messy! i can't believe she is almost 5 months old!
Oh my gosh! She is just the cutest!!! I cracked up at the picture of her trying to eat the spoon too :)
Sandy, my mom and I were oogling (is that a word?) over this series of pictures. She's way too cute.
Post a Comment