Dear Brooke,
Can it be you are 5 months old today?! I know I say this every month, but time is just flying by and you just keep getting bigger and happier by the day!! This has been a busy month for you, you started eating solids, and love getting some real food now!! You also started "sitting" in your "gorilla squat" position as we call it, and are no longer ok with just laying on the floor anymore! It's still going to be a while before you can actually "sit" by yourself, but you've managed to find a way to keep yourself propped up for quite a bit...you just want to see and be a part of everything!!
Just this past week, you officially gave up your swaddle blanket. It was finally time to put away the miracle blanket...you are no longer the little baby you once were, and can now sleep all through the night all on your own! You are such a big girl now!! I will miss seeing you wrapped up like a burrito, but you are much happier being able to sprawl out at night now!! You still love to watch your big brother's every move, and always want to roll over to him to be a part of what he's doing!
You are still such a happy baby, you just go with the flow, and besides your little fussy time at night when you just want to be held (probably because you have spent the last 3 months being held for 3 hours straight at all of daddy's baseball games!), you are just all smiles...even when you wake up from naps and night time!! We love seeing your big grin and so do you, you are constantly smiling at yourself whenever you are in front of a mirror!!
We love you so much Brookie...here are a bunch of pictures of you over the last month!!
5 months old today!
5 months old and already quite the talker!
Our big 5 month old trying her hardest to crawl...she sits in this position and kicks her feet back and forth trying to move somewhere but doesn't move an inch! She will get it eventually!
She loves to be out at the park watching her big brother play, and of course her hands are always in her mouth!! Not good for the swine flu!!
No more swaddle for you!!! I lay you on your back, but of course you always roll over onto your tummy...you are a great sleeper, so whatever works, we won't bug you!!
You love going on our daily walks!
I love it when you laugh so hard you crumple into a huge ball! Your whole body laughs!!
Brooke at 21 weeks
Brooke at 21 weeks...not so sure what is going on with your hair, but you kind of started to get your daddy's hair line!!
Full of happiness, and double chins!
You are always putting something in your mouth...I thought for sure you would have had a tooth by now!!!
Your "gorilla squat!"
You love to sit like this and after a few minutes you just topple forward and crash!! It's pretty funny, but you love it!
Staring in awe at one of Austin's train set toys!!
20 weeks and so happy!
You are so happy to be eating solid foods now!
Yumm!!!
Still loving your toes!
You love to practice standing!! And by the looks of those thighs, you are going to be one heck of a power squatter!!
Brooke at 19 weeks!
You love to be propped up to sit and look at us!!
You love to play with your toys!
Being silly!
Brooke at 18 weeks!
2 comments:
Oh I just love her so dang much! I can't wait for you guys to come home!!!! I need to kiss those cheekers!!!! Give Austin a kiss for us too!!
love that picture of her laughing so hard!! I can't believe she's already 5 months:( Retiring the miracle blanket was one of the hardest things for me. I can't wait to see her...I need to get to AZ this off season!!
Post a Comment