Sunday, June 21, 2009

Brooke at 2 months...

I can't believe Brooke is 2 months old already!!  Time is flying by...which in a way, is a really good thing, because in less than a week, we will finally be in Japan with Brian and be together as a family again!!  We are so excited!!

Over the last month Brooke, you have grown and changed so much.  You have started smiling, which I absolutely love and it just makes my day seeing your whole entire face smile with every grin you share ;)  You are the happiest in the mornings (who does she get that from?!!), and share your most smiles then.  
You are still sleeping so incredibly good at night, only waking here and there to eat, but you never cry, just wiggle and grunt to let me know you are hungry!!  I am so thankful for the good sleeper you are!!  
You are also growing really well...you had your 2 month check up early at 6 1/2 weeks old so we could get all your shots well in advance before we fly to Japan, and you weighed in at 13 1/2lbs, and 25 inches long!  That explains why you eat so much!!  
You don't hate tummy time, but don't love it either, you would rather be in your swing listening to your music or be held, which I don't mind at all ;)  You are such a trooper going out and about, rarely do you get fussy, probably because you are snuggled tight in my sling which you love!  Riding in your car seat is hit or miss, but who can blame you, who wants to stare at the back of a seat!!  
Brooke, you still love your baths, and you just look so chill and content when I put you in the water, I think it's one of your favorite things to do!!  However, you hate it when I get you out and it's time to get dressed, this is really the only time you ever throw a fit!!  You love to watch your big brother, and let him brush your hair, which Austin loves doing ;)  It's so cute!  
All in all Brooke, you have just been the happiest little baby and I can't wait to get to Japan so your Daddy can see you again and you can give him one of your huge smiles in person ;)  

Here are a TON of pictures of Brooke over the past month!!!

Our 2 month old showing off her big smile!

I just love dressing her in her little outfits..I think she does too!!! ;)

Chubs, rolls, dimples and smiles...the more the better!!

Giggly girl!!  I love how excited she gets when she smiles!

Waking up on her "2 month birthday" all smiles!!

Sleepy baby!!

Happy baby!

Brooke at 8 weeks...she loves being outdoors!

Getting bigger!!!  And loving bath time!!

Showing off her ginormous flower headband!

Brooke loves her new carrier we got for our trip to Japan!!!

Giving Brooke a pep talk before we go on an outdoor excursion!

Getting measured and ready for her shots at her doctor appointment...

...and not liking them one bit!!!  I must admit though, she cried way less than Austin did, he was way more dramatic!!)

Just hanging out!

Her whole face smiles!!  I love it!

Brooke loves her swing, can't you tell?!!!

Out at her cousin Tyler's baseball game...such an enthusiastic fan!!

Such a peaceful sleeper ;)

Brooke at 7 weeks...Love that smile!!

Crashed out!!

Getting some tummy time exercise!

Brooke at 6 weeks!

Getting some zzzz's with her brother!!  SO cute!

Brooke getting ready for bed, she loves being swaddled!! (And no she doesn't sleep in this bouncy seat, I was just trying to get a picture!!)

Brooke at 5 weeks!

Love those little toes!

She spends A LOT of her time sleeping!  Must be nice!!

Her frown just cracks me up!! It's so serious!!

Brooke at 4 weeks!

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

Sooooo cute! Does she ever cry??? (She makes Olen look like a serious drama queen...or king:)) Maybe we can meet up one more time before you fly away!!!

Anonymous said...

Sandy, the kids are so cute. We got Brooke's announcement, and it is beautiful. Hang on for the baby gift. I have until Christmas--one down and 4 to go!!! Have a wonderful time in Japan. I'm sure Brian is chomping at the bit to see all of you. Godspeed. Love, Peggy

Bill and Paige said...

OMG...she's so cute!! And no that headband is NOT too big:) I think we shopped at all the same places. H has all of Brooke's outfits! Too bad we cant get them together...they'd be twins:)

cari said...

So cute Sandy!!! I think you should stop in AZ for a week before heading to Japan...I wanna see her so badly!!!!