The other day I had all my crayons and pens out to decorate a card for a friend. Austin was so into watching me, and it didn't take him long to want to color too!! He kept begging for some pens, so I got him a few sheets of paper and set him at the table to have at it!! He LOVES coloring!! Everyday since he will go to the table and climb up onto a chair and yell "mama!" waiting for me to bring him pens, crayons and paper to make another masterpiece!! Of course so far they are just scribbles, but I love them and have them hanging all over my kitchen ;) We are still working on teaching him that the table top isn't a canvas too, as well as his hands and face, which sometimes get marked up from when he puts the cap back on or tries to smell the scented markers!! (I know, I am crazy for giving him markers, they are eventually going to end up all over my walls or something, but I am keeping a good eye on him while he has them!!) He loves walking around the house with a finished drawing in his hands, like he is showing it off!! It makes me laugh, but I am proud of him!!
SO excited to color!
So serious about his artwork!
Happy with his latest creation!
Austin definitely got my love for coloring!!
3 comments:
Great job, Austin!! As you know, my boys used to spend hours coloring! It's a great pastime for them!
Take those markers away!!!!!
You are crazy, crayons serve the same purpose;-) You are going to look away for a second and he is going to have those markers on the couch or in his room. Trust me, remember my nice white computer;-)
I also used those "invisible" markers and they are all over my tv!!!
I'm laughing at kelsey's comment! You need to take those markers away! I dont' want your next post to be of your newly decorated walls:) I'm also laughing that you put a bib on him:)
Post a Comment