Austin and I had to drop Brian off at the airport this morning, and it was so hard saying goodbye. He had to be at the airport at 6:45am, so on top of just being tired from getting up so early, it was super emotional and of course I cried...a lot! I dropped Brian off at the ticketing area and we said our goodbyes, and off he went to check in. I started driving away and thought I got away without shedding a tear in front of him, and then the flood gates opened. I maybe drove about 10 feet forward, before parking the car at the curb and waiting for him to get all checked in and sneaking in one last hug goodbye. Thankfully it was early in the morning and the terminal was empty so no one bothered me while I waited.
I couldn't help myself, even now as I type this, tears just seem to keep coming. It's the hardest thing telling your best friend goodbye and going home without him. We are usually used to doing this, we say a lot of goodbyes during the baseball season, but this is going to be the longest we have ever been apart, maybe up to 5 months. And seeing him hug Austin goodbye and kiss my belly, not knowing if he will be able to come back for our daughter's birth, just killed me. We made the difficult decision of Austin and I staying behind for the sole reason that we want to have our baby here in the States. I know the time will go by fast and we will get through it, but it still doesn't make saying goodbye any easier...
5 comments:
I am crying just reading your post:-(
It doesn't get any easier that is for sure!! I will be here for you, anything you need;-) Glad your Mom is on her way!!
xoxo
Be assured you are not crying alone. I am crying right now just reading this. I am so sorry, Sandy. It must have been one of the hardest things to do. This time will FLY by. We can't wait to see you and give you a big hug!! We will keep you company too! You can come stay with us ANY TIME you want. No matter what, we are always here for you. Be sure to relax and enjoy your last months with your little man because you are going to be one busy lady when that beauty comes into this world! We love you.
OK, I cried when I talked to you this morning and now I'm tearing up again! I feel for you! Take care of yourself and we'll see you soon!! Enjoy having your mom there!
:( I cannot even imagine...If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask...the girls love to play with Austin :)
I'm crying right now for you:( It will go by fast! Glad your mom is there to help you.
If you get lonely you can always come to CO!
Post a Comment