Friday, January 16, 2009

Escape Artist No More!!

Try climbing out of this Austin!!

Austin getting acquainted with his new friend, the crib tent!  Can't you tell he just loves it!!

In a well fought battle between Austin and us, his parents, we are proud to say, we have won!! It took a few days of trying to figure out how to get Austin not to climb out of his crib, but we finally found a solution that works!!  

We had to take apart his crib and replace it with one that had been given to us a while ago that we had been storing in our garage.  It has a much smaller frame than the one we had been using, and the crib tent fit perfectly on it!!  At first Austin wasn't too sure about it...(see above picture!)...but it has seriously worked wonders, Austin has slept through the night the past two nights with the crib tent on, and hasn't attempted to climb out (not that he could with this contraption!!)  

He is much safer now, and nights at the Falky house have returned to those filled with peaceful slumber!  I am sure we will battle it out once again when we eventually move Austin to a big boy bed, but at least for now, it's happy sleeping once again :)

5 comments:

Cathy said...

With your video monitor on, that must have taken all your strength not to go in his room and pick that little sweetie up, I mean look at his face!!! :) xoxo

kkp1220 said...

So funny!!

You will be much better in the end. Sleeping with kids is a special occasion that should occur only when they are sick and neither of you is sleeping. Too bad they don't just lie still;-)

Sorry you pretty crib is gone, you would think they made these tents bigger because all the cribs are bigger!!

xoxo

Bill and Paige said...

OMG! I can't stop laughing. That picture is so funny:)

Thank god for crib tents. I'm thinking of purchasing mine now so I know it fits when I need it. I don't think I want to wait to see if I need it and then be in trouble when it doesn't fit!

Marie and Wes said...

His little face breaks my heart!! I am glad he is safe though and sleeping through the night!

We need another baby bump update pic posted!!!

cari said...

That picture is hilarious!! You guys have been through a lot to keep him in that crib :) So worth it... :)