I've been dreading this day for some time now...no matter how many times we've gone through this, it never gets any easier. Brian left for Japan this morning, at 5am to be exact, and as always, it was incredibly hard saying goodbye. I try my hardest to be tough, but of course I was full of tears dropping him off at the airport, as it will be 3 months before we see each other again. 3 months of missing my best friend, and 3 months that Austin, Brooke & Hunter will miss their Dadda. I know it will go by fast, and April will be here before we know it (we can't go over to be with him until Brooke turns 1 and gets her immunizations), I just wish it was here tomorrow!!
I can't even imagine how hard it is for Brian, and am just so proud of him and so thankful for what he does for our family. I heard a quote once that said, "We interrupt this family to bring you the baseball season," and it always makes me laugh, for it's so true, it's the story of our lives! We are so very lucky for all that we get to experience and enjoy with this crazy career, but man it sure puts a family through the ringer sometimes!! We've done this before though...we are actually pros at the whole long distance thing...it's just the first day that's the toughest. I know it could be worse, I keep thinking of those with loved ones in the military and can't imagine how hard that would be. So I know, we are truly blessed, it just still has it's moments.
We miss you already Bri, and we wish you all the best as you train hard for the season. We can't wait to get over there and cheer you on!
We love you so much,
S, A, B & H
Sharing a muffin together on Brian's last night in the States...these two love their chocolate muffins!! (Actually, Austin doesn't look like he's really going to share that muffin with Dadda!)
Brookie giving her Dadda one last goodnight hug ;)
3 comments:
I always get teary at your good bye posts:(
It will go by fast. Hope he has a great year!
Can't wait to see you in AZ
Made me a little teary too... :( I hope the next 3 months fly by for you!!
I couldn't even imagine :( Can't wait for you to get back here in Az!!!
Post a Comment