There's been a lot of "firsts" happening around the Falky house lately...Brooke is walking, Austin moved out of his crib and into a big boy bed, Brooke got her first haircut (basically we hacked off her mullet!), and Austin went to the Dentist for the first time! All of this has been happening over the past month, it's been pretty eventful around here!
We've got a walker...
Brooke has been taking steps for a long time now, but she is officially walking more than crawling now! She can walk almost anywhere, and gets so proud of herself! It's so cute watching her strut her stuff!
Austin's first trip to the Dentist...
Austin had his first trip to the Dentist a few days ago...we have been prepping for this moment for a while now, telling him he was going to see the "tooth doctor" to make sure we had been brushing and flossing all the tooth bugs out of his mouth! (Austin actually doesn't mind me flossing his teeth, he thinks it's fun getting out the tooth bugs!) He was a perfect patient, I couldn't have been prouder! He sat there so still, didn't cry or anything, and opened his mouth and let the dentist work on his teeth no problem!! He even sat so still for the tooth x-rays and we were able to see he has NO cavities!! YAY!! We did however learn that Austin has some pretty darn big teeth waiting to come in, I mean huge ones...the dentist already warned me that we are going to need some major orthodontics for those suckers!!! Poor Austin!! He loved the dentist though and was such a good boy!
It sure helped that they played his favorite movie...Cars...while at the dentist!
Not so sure about wearing sunglasses inside!
Austin was a big fan of "Mr. Thirsty," the spit sucker upper!
Say Ahhhhhh!
This isn't so bad!!! And no cavities, yahoo!!
Brooke's first haircut...
We couldn't take it anymore, we had to cut off the mullet that was growing down Brookie's neck!! It looks so much better, a lot more even, and a lot cuter!! We even had her bangs trimmed just a tad, but you really can't even tell. She wasn't too sure about the whole haircut thing, I ended up having to hold her to keep her from grabbing at the scissors! She didn't cry, but she sure was happy when it was all done!
Getting ready for her first haircut...buh-bye mullet!
Wait..why do I have to wear this huge cape thing...what's going here...I though I was just here to play in this fun car!
Not such a fan of the pink caddy or the hair cape!
Austin got his hair cut too...he still isn't crazy about getting hair cuts!
sayonara mullet!
All done!! See you can't even really tell!
You can't tell from the look on his face, but Austin loves having gel in his hair!
Showing off her new haircut!
Austin looking very handsome after his haircut!
No more party in the back!! Much cuter as a little bob :)
Austin in his big boy bed...
We finally moved Austin out of his crib and into his big boy bed!! We had a little ceremony saying goodbye to his crib, thankfully it was a pretty smooth transition! Austin loves sleeping in his new bed...he makes sure to yell for me when he wants out in the morning and has yet to just climb out and wander the house! It's cute, he has quite a collection of toys in his bed to keep him company...I don't know how he sleeps with all that stuff!! Usually about 10 cars, his "Mr. Man" glo light, his light up star turtle, his dog and elephant and of course his "Blank" (his blanket!). Whatever gets him to sleep!! Such the big boy now!
His first nap in his big boy bed...I think he was a little confused about which end of the bed he was supposed to sleep at! He eventually figured it out!
I put a bazillion pillows around him even with the bed rail up so he wouldn't fall out...I think I got a bit carried away! He managed to weed them out!
Having a party in Austin's new bed!
Brooke thinking she could get used to life in a big bed!
2 comments:
wow!! you've been busy:)
OMG...She totally needed that haircut. It looks so good;-0
I can't believe Austin is in a bed!!!
MISSING you:-(
Post a Comment