Dear Brooke,
It's official. Today you are one year old! I can't believe how fast this year has gone by, it seems like yesterday your Daddy was flying back here from Japan to be here for your birth and now you are this big human being, with stamps in your passport and all!! You are just the happiest little girl, words just can't describe the feelings I get when I see that big smile of yours, or hear your big belly laugh or get one of your big hugs and slobber kisses. From the day we met you, you have just been so happy, you are just the perfect fit for our family, I couldn't imagine life without you. We are truly blessed that you are ours, and that we get to wake up everyday and watch you grow. And grow you have...it's amazing all that you have learned this past year! Here's just a bunch of what you are up to now:
1. You are officially walking. You crawl occasionally, but you always walk first and are getting pretty darn good at it!
2. I know I said this before, but you are so happy, it's the greatest gift in the world, it's so contagious!
3. You love your brother. You always want to play with him and get into his business. You guys are quite the duo!
4. You love talking to your Daddy on Skype on the computer, you get so happy when you see him!
5. You love to wave at people.
6. You love to eat. You eat anything.
7. You love to grab and pull your blanket with your fingers when I am nursing you.
8. Speaking of nursing, you love it. You are a breast feeding champ. You hated the bottle and refused it from day one. Which means it's been just you and me kid, this entire past year...we have put in a lot of time together!! I am actually nervous to start weaning you this month, for I know it's not going to be something you are going to give up easily!! (But little do you know, you are going to give it up!!!)
9. You love drinking from a real cup.
10. And you love drinking from a straw.
11. You are strong.
12. You are stubborn.
13. You love to climb up onto anything you can.
14. You are a great sleeper. (most of the time...lets be honest, you do have some nights you want to pull some all nighters!)
15. You have 9 teeth.
16. You are a giant.
17. You love wearing shoes. You try to put everyone's shoes on your feet yourself.
18. You love the song "I'm a little teapot!"
19. You love to take our your hair bows.
20. You love music and you love to dance.
21. You love to scrunch up your nose and make funny breathing noises while doing it.
22. You love making clicking noises with your tongue.
23. You love to hug your animals and dolls.
24. You hyperventilate when you are hungry.
25. You love phones.
26. You love to play peek-a-boo.
27. You love going for walks.
28. You love books and magazines.
29. You love to hug and lay your head on my shoulder.
30. You think it's hilarious when your Dad, brother or I make fart noises...it makes you laugh every time.
31. You love your baths.
32. You love life, it's obvious by your huge smile and constant happiness...and boy do we love you!
We are so very proud of you...Happy Birthday beautiful Brookie, we love you so much!
Here's a bunch of you over the past month:
At one year old!
Seriously, I don't think you could be more decked out in pink!! But hey, you only turn one once right, might as well do it up!
Showing off your dance moves...
...and always trying to get in on the action!! You wanted to get out on that football field with your cousin Quin so bad!
Whenever you have shoes on, you spend all your time trying to get them off!
Don't even think about it Brookie...
You love to suck on beer bottles...but for all of you gasping right now, don't worry, it was empty!
Thinking she's all cool now that she has the beer bottle!
Already a multi-tasker...doing 2 things at once!
Walking everywhere!
And loving playing in the dirt!! (See, all that pink didn't girly her up too much!)
Hello?! It's me Brookie!
Our phone bill is going to be big because of her one day!
On a chilly walk up in Washington...spring is not as warm up here as it is in AZ!
Seriously, you are always happy!
again with the shoes...
So grown up.
Hey Mom, I bet you I can eat this whole jar of puffs in 1 bite...
Yes Brooke, you can, you rule!
Your first flight in a seat all by yourself and not on my lap!
You love dum dums.
And all food in general.
And books too.
Hi there.
Getting into everything you aren't supposed to with your brother!
Sorry Brian, I promise I made them get away from your TV as soon as I took the picture!
Way back when as our little 11 month old!
2 comments:
Ugh, adorable!!
That pic of her in the red tank top and white long sleeve undershirt...she looks likes she's 5!!!
And she's already wearing that carter's outfit. I can't wait to put that on hayley:) wish we could get them together for a pic in it:)
Post a Comment