It happens every year. And it never gets any easier no matter how many times we go through it. I knew this day was coming, in fact I've been dreading it since the day we got home from Japan at the end of October. This time it just came too fast. This off season was by far the shortest we've ever had, and now he's gone, back to Japan this morning for another baseball season. The first day is always the hardest...dropping him off at the airport, watching the kids hug him one last time, waving goodbye as he walks with all his luggage, it just sucks. I hate it. I cry every time. You would think I would be tougher at this by now. But no. Tears streaming down my face. And then the sweetest thing, our precious 3 year old boy looks at me and says with a hug, "Don't cry mom-mom, it's OK, I am here. Don't be sad, I love you." And of course I cry even more. And now he's off. Off to prepare for another baseball season, and another few months that we will be apart as a family. I know it will go by fast, I know we will be over there with him before we know it, I know I won't be crying tomorrow, I know we will get through it. Just today, the reality of it all, saying goodbye, it just sucks.
We love and miss you Bri, words can't describe what's it's like without you here, we hate being away from you. But we are so proud of you and all that you do for our family. Thank you, thank you so much. Work hard and go get 'em, we can't wait to get out there with you.
Your biggest fans...
6 comments:
ugh...I hate your good bye posts. I cry every time! Is it really baseball season again?? It will go by fast and you'll be in japan before you know it!!
Looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks!!
Geez, you make me cry too! You can do it Sandy! We will see you soon! Go Brian!
:-( Agree with Paige...your post gets me too!! Thanks Brian for the yummy meals you whipped up this off season!! Have a great year!! We are here for you Sandy!! :-)
Crying up here too. You are my hero, Sandy. I know you'll stay SO BUSY that it's going to go by very quickly. See you soon!!!
CRYING, pregnant and sick. Not a good combo:-( Let's do the park in the am or something. Also, hoping to get our keys by Tuesday so cleaning and organizing my new house will keep you busy !!!!
xoxo
Kelsey
Cannot wait to see you and your munchkins!!! Love you guys! Hang in there!
xoxo
Lindsey
Post a Comment