Monday, November 8, 2010

18 month well check...

The day before we left Japan, Brooke turned 18 months. With all the craziness of coming back home, I totally forgot to post. I did remember to make her 18 month well check though, and even though we were super jet lagged, just four days after being home, our poor Brookie had to go to the doctor! I know, bad parents. We made it so soon after coming back for we also wanted to make sure all was well after living abroad all those months...you just never know :)

Our "little" girl did well, and, well actually, isn't so little. Here's her 18 month stats:

Length: 36 inches (100+%)
Weight: 28 lbs 14 oz (94%)
Head: 19 inches (90%)

The doc thinks one day I will be the shortest in the family, and said our daughter will look down on me from a mere 6'2 to 6'5. Sweet. She's already bigger than her brother was at this age, and already half my height. But we all know girls grow faster right?! Let's hope so. At least all that height is slimming her down some finally!

Here's Brooke on her actual 18 month birthday...the only picture I took of her that day!! On our last day in Japan...
18 months old!

At her 18 month well check 5 days later...
She brought "Bear-Bear" and her brother for moral support!


Didn't mind being measured, but was not a fan of the doctor checking anything else!! She sure gave him a run for his money!! His quote "Man she's a strong one!" as it took the two of us to hold her still so he could look in her ears!!


She thought the hard part was over...little did she know shots were on the way!


Daddy protecting her from the mean, scary shots!



Killin' time waiting for the nurse to come in and give the shots...Brooke loves trying to dress herself!

Austin was a champ getting his Flu shot!

Man, those shots sucked, but these bandaids are pretty cool!

Was not a fan of the shots, but recovered quick...

...until I put on her clothes and she realized just how sore her legs were getting and let me have it!!

4 comments:

Life In Japan said...

Poor Brookie :( Tell her Tessa had to get 2 shots and I swear almost wiggled away with the needle still in her leg. And Brady had to get 4 shots... he still has the best sad face! But of course, she has both of my kids beat on size... ha ha!!!

Bill and Paige said...

holy crap she is tall!!! I thought h was tall...brooke towers over her!!

Cathy said...

She'll be a killer middle blocker!! Love how she always puts her pants on upside down! xoxo :)

Nicole said...

Word to what your mom said about being a MB. I think your daughter has the cutest clothes ever. Nice work mom.
Hello your in the states. I need to call you tonight.