Friday, September 24, 2010

Typhoon...

Back in August, we were greeted with a few days of heavy rain and wind thanks to Typhoon Dianmu. Luckily we didn't get the worst of it, but it did bring on some serious cabin fever out in our parts. So what to do when it's raining out and you have two kids going stir crazy?!! We headed outside of course, and took advantage of the serious puddle jumping opportunity the typhoon brought us! Austin had an absolute blast running and jumping in the puddles...I think he really enjoyed the rain :) It sure helped that it was still in the 90's outside too, so even with all the rain, it was still warm out! Rain isn't so bad when it's not cold!!

"But Mom, I don't want to be inside getting my hair cut...I want to be out jumping in the puddles!!!"

Ok, Ok, quick haircut, THEN off to the puddles, I can manage that!!

YAY PUDDLES!!



This puddle is SO BIG!!!


Uh-oh, a puddle! A big, muddy puddle. We can't go over it, we can't go under it...we've got to go THROUGH IT!!!!!

Brookie doesn't have any rain boots, so she got stuck with me under the umbrella!

Back inside, all dried off sharing a snack together! Puddle jumping is hard work!

"Man Brookie, did you see that huge puddle I stomped through, that was awesome huh!!"

Austin protecting Brooke from the "thunder" going on outside.

4 comments:

Marie and Wes said...

Omg! That last one kills me. What a sweet moment. They r amazing

Cathy said...

Those two are so dang cute!! :)

KMHolt said...

So sweet!!

Kirsten said...

Hey Brookie, Tell your mommy next time it's raining but still warm, you want to go out barefoot and jump in the puddles. Auntie Kirsten thinks that would be really fun! Naked would be even more fun!