Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Wicked Witch of the Airplane...

Ok, so long story, but I have to get it off my chest.  So Austin and I flew out to St. Louis yesterday to watch Brian and his team play a few games and to see some good friends we made while playing there.  We started the journey out OK, leaving for LAX early so we wouldn't hit Monday morning traffic and got to the airport right on time.  Getting through the airport was a breeze, although I wasn't very happy about having to pay $15 dollars for checking in my one bag.  I hate that new rule.  

We got on the plane just fine, but ended up sitting on the runway for what seemed like an eternity because of a plane traffic jam.  This is like the worst thing ever.  You are on a crammed, "every seat full" flight, with no air circulation and everyone is ancy to begin with and sweating due to the no air, and you get stuck on the runway.  Austin handled it pretty good, but was udderly fascinated with the pull down tray in front of us.  

Seriously, why don't they make child locks for that thing!!  No matter what I did, he wanted to release the button and pull the tray down...over and over again.  Well, the lady in front of me, who I have dubbed the "Wicked Witch of the Airplane," wanted absolutely no part of Austin and his new found excitement with the tray table.  Before we even took off, she turned around all huffy and puffy and said to me that this seating situation was absolutely not going to work, she had a headache already from Austin kicking her seat (which he wasn't by the way) and couldn't I possibly find a seat for "her" to sit in somewhere.  

First of all, does Austin look like a girl?!  Secondly, come on Lady!!  He was only trying to have fun with the incredibly enticing tray button in front of him!! It's not like he was screaming and pounding his fists into the back of her chair!! And if you want peace and quite on a plane, there's a thing called first class or better yet, charter your own flight!!  I did all I could do to restrain myself from pulling her hair.  And where exactly did she want me to find a seat, which the pilots had repeatedly reported were absolutely over booked and full?  

I mean, I get it, it's super annoying when the person behind you is jiggling your seat, but you would think maybe she would have handled it better, I mean she was a Grandma!! (So I found out at the end of the flight when she realized how rude she had been and repeatedly apologized and tried to make it up by goo-goo-ing and tickling Austin, who was pretty amazing and happy the whole flight).  

And on a side note, the other lady next to me, who I have deemed "smelly egg lady," thought it was a great idea to bring, and eat, mind you, 5 hard boiled eggs on the plane.  I counted them all. Are you kidding me?!! Who brings and eats hard boiled eggs on a plane!!!  I mean can you imagine the smell?  Enough said.  

But, we made it safe and are happy to be back in a familiar city, Austin's birth city in fact! We are headed out to go visit our friends for the afternoon and then off to the game...weather permitting (thunder storms are looming on the horizon!)

3 comments:

kkp1220 said...

ewwwwwww about the eggs!! that is disgusting.

And i hope you let him keep playing with the tray table, my girls love it too, just to piss her off.

what a biaaaaatch.

hope you have fun.

miss you

Marie and Wes said...

OMG. I wish I was there. I would have let her HAVE IT! That is ridiculous!

SICK SICK SICK. Who brings NASTY eggs on a plane???????? Weirdo!

Glad you got there safe! Enjoy your trip!

cari said...

So discusting about the eggs...at least you could pass gas without being looked at funny :)