Finally, after 7 days in the hospital, I got to go home!! We got the thumbs up that the baby and I were free to leave! Taking Natalie "home" (well, to our apartment in Japan, which is sort of home!) was quite the experience. Brian had to leave a few days before to join his team on the road. So that left me, my mom and the kids to escort our new addition home! Our apartment complex is literally across the street from the hospital...I walked myself there to have the baby, by golly, I was walking myself home!
It was quite the scene leaving actually, all the nurses and doctors came to see us out and they all wanted pictures with me and the baby! It took us forever to actually leave! It was sort of sad saying goodbye, they were all so wonderful to us and took such good care of Natalie and I!! I had a huge suitcase with me, (well what do you expect, I was in there for a week!) so I had to lug that out, holding Natalie, while my mom pushed Austin and Brooke in the double stroller. It was hysterical...the nurses kept asking "Where's hub-band, where's hub-band?!" They were in shock that I was carrying all this out on my own!! I kept saying "Husband's gone playing baseball!"
So, we finally left...and walked home. It was pretty darn funny seeing us...I literally drug a suitcase and carried my newborn home!! I think we laughed the entire walk!
It was great to get out of the hospital though, be back with my family, and get life started with 3!!! Austin and Brooke were beyond thrilled to have me and the baby home, they were so excited to show Natalie all their stuff ;) So going home day was a little different than in the past, but it was still going home, and I couldn't have been happier!


All of our nurses!!
(they love giving the peace sign in Japan!)

Home at last!



Austin and Brooke couldn't wait to show Natalie all her toys!

Home at last...
2 comments:
I would have picked you up... and drove you around the block :)
Congrats Sandy. She is perfect. What a story of Natalie's birth.
Your a good mom.
Thinking of you.
Post a Comment