Saturday, August 27, 2011

Bump Watch...39 Weeks...

Another month has past by and I am officially within days of having our baby!! I am now 39 weeks, and check into the hospital in just 3 short days! We made it!! Well almost...she just needs to stick in there 3 more days so I can get that epidural!! We made it this far, we can do it!

SO much is going through my mind, I am so ready to have her, yet I am not going to lie, I am starting to get nervous!! I know everything is going to be just fine, I just keep hoping I am able to communicate and understand everyone in the hospital and I am nervous about having to stay in the hospital for so long! They are making me check in the day before they actually induce me, then I have to stay in for 5 whole days after the baby is born...no matter what. That's the rules here! I have never been away from my kids for that long before, it is going to be so hard for me!!

So far all has been going good. This has been a great pregnancy, I have been really lucky. Sure there's a lot of things that I won't miss, especially these last few weeks! But overall, I actually enjoy being pregnant and not knowing if this is our last or not, it makes me a little sad knowing it's almost over!

I had a very interesting appointment at 37 weeks...I mean they did an entire physical on me it was crazy! I guess it is very routine in Japan to check everything about the mother when she's pregnant. They just do so much here to make sure you are healthy and ready to go, it's so much more intense than in the states! I had my heart monitored, my lungs and breathing monitored, every blood test you can think of, chest xrays (those scared me, never been xrayed pregnant before, I hope that's ok!), you name it, and thankfully all came back normal!

The whole appointment was so funny, they just kept carting me around the hospital from exam room to exam room to do all of these tests, (they even made me re-do the darn glucose test, wasn't crazy about having to drink that drink again!) I was there for hours!! Brian's team translator had to be there to translate for us, poor guy, he has had to experience and see way more than he ever wanted to I am sure (he's a 31 year old bachelor!) For the lung test, he just kept laughing so hard at me I could barely do the test, they literally put a clothes pin on my nose to pinch my nostrils, then had me blow as hard as I could for as long as I could into this long tube thing, I am sure I looked completely ridiculous! I couldn't stop laughing and they made me keep re-doing it! I swore I was trying to breathe so hard, I don't know how I didn't push our baby out right there! Oh, only in Japan I tell ya!

My doctor is so funny, she just keeps looking at me like she doesn't know how I still have this baby in me, I swear she didn't think I would make it this far! I told her I would hold this baby in!! In fact, I don't think she wants out at all, I swear she is so content, I bet you anything I would go past my due date if I wasn't being induced! This little girl is sure happy in there!

Well, in just a few days we are going to have her...such a surreal feeling!! I am so ready to meet her, wish us luck and keep us in your thoughts that we make it through this!! I just can't wait to see how it all goes ;)

Here's the bump practically exploding over the last 4 weeks...it's insane how much I have grown (and I can't wait to retire these same old clothes I have been wearing! not much fits these days!)

36 weeks!

37 weeks!

38 weeks!

When the kids act up I just knock them with my belly ;)

39 weeks!

Stay tuned...baby girl Falky will be here in just a few days!!

0 comments: