Saturday, October 9, 2010

Japan 2010...Fountains...

Beings how I dropped the ball on blogging this summer, I am finally getting my act together and posting all of the thousands of pictures I took of the kids during our time here in Japan these past 6 months. Looking back on previous posts, I realized how many pictures and things we did that I left out. It was pretty overwhelming actually (you should all know by now how many pictures I take!), so I decided to just group all of the pictures from May until October, of our time here in Japan, into little categories and post them all. So just a warning, these next bunch of posts are going to be rather long, some are actually really ridiculously long, so bear with me people! Kelsey that means you!! ;) Here goes, enjoy!!

JAPAN 2010...Fountains to keep cool...

This was a very hot summer here in Japan, in fact they say it was the hottest summer on record in the last 100 years!! Lucky us (yah right)!! Truth be told, I don't even think we realized just how hot it was either. The summers are known to be hot and muggy here, so we just chalked it up to that and went about our business!! Little did we know we were suffering through the hottest summer on record! To help the kids cool off, (we don't have a pool to go to here), we found some little fountains that spray water from the ground on the boardwalk by the beach. They were perfect for the kids to sit and play in!! We practically spent every day in August there.

Got my suit on, all ready to go play in the fountains!

Austin loves riding his bike everywhere we go...even in his bathing suit!

They're not much, but there's about 5 or 6 of these little fountains all in a row so the kids can just run from one to the next and just sit and play in them!! They love playing here!


Brooke and Tessa cooling off!






Tessa, Brooke & Austin!

Even in a tutu, Brooke just looks tough :)

Our buddy Brady enjoying the water too!

Tessa striking a pose :)





Ballet chic meets biker chick.


Channeling her inner JLo.









It cracks me up seeing our little toughie in her little pink tutu suit :)






Snack time!


Another cool fountain we found to play in! This one just sprays water up in the air and splashes down on the kids...a huge hit on hot days :)




Back at home all dried off :)


The kids love playing in the fountains at the library too!

Austin finding leaves to use as boats to float down the water :)



Check out this "boat" Brooke!

Waiting for their "leaf boats" to float down to them :)


Ahhh...this feels good!!!!

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

Love them all, Sandy! Good job :>)

Cathy said...

I love how good Austin is with Brooke! :) And I love Brooke in her tutu with her pigtails!! :)