I have been waiting for the moment Brooke would hold still long enough to let me paint her toes. This is what makes having a little girl so fun, getting to do all the girly stuff! One day while watching me take the polish off mine (to inspect just how black and blue my toe was becoming from Brooke just throwing her sippy cup down onto it), she seemed pretty intrigued at the shiny pink nail polish bottle I had next to me. So I gave it a whirl and painted one of hers to see what she would do. She seemed to like it, so I painted another, and another, and soon, we had 10 pretty little piggies. Of course, it wasn't perfect, and yah, she kept trying to touch them and I had to teach her she has to let them dry, but she couldn't have had a bigger smile on her face seeing her bright pink toes!
Austin even got a big kick out of it and said "Look mom-mom, Brookie's got shiny toes!" Then he went straight for the nail polish bottle and wanted to paint mine. My gut told me this was going to turn out to be a complete mess, but he was so excited and that's what nail polish remover is for right?! Sure enough, he made a little mess...got a little on the carpet, his hands, and even managed to get some on Brooke's blankie...but oh well, he was proud of his work, and even told me "Daddy is going to love it."
Check out these cute little pink toes...
Brooke's first painted toes!
Brooke was so proud of her painted toes and kept pointing to them all day long!
Austin giving me my pedicure. Brooke was there supervising.
He kept telling me to hold still...I was just trying to keep the nail polish from dripping all over the place!
Austin's finished product...don't think he's getting a tip this time around!! He's got some work to do!! In all honesty though, he didn't do that bad of a job for a 3 year old!!
6 comments:
Sandy, I always knew you would make a great mom! Your toes look perfect! :) xoxo
Adorable...not many moms would dive into something like that!!! You are a great mom Sandy!!!
i'm totally going to attempt that:)
I think you should leave Austin's painting job on till it starts to chip:)
that is hysterical!!!!
Ooh, it looks like you closed your feet in the door and they are all bloody! Very cute, Austin!
lol....
so cute
Post a Comment